Thursday, July 7, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #433

Day 433

It's another list type of day...

1. It sucks that Woodstocks is cancelled. I know how much work everyone (especially M-E-S-B and joyous) put into it. And whatever the legal reason was that came up that forced them to cancel it, I guarantee it was one that there was virtually no way around. It still sucks though.

But I have to say... it almost seems like yet another kick in the ass to the local community in the past few years. Almost like it's a 1-thing-after-another deal there. Every time things start going along moderately smoothly, something comes along to fuck it all up.


My life will feel like a real-life remake
of this fucking movie. Back when
Tom Hanks was still funny. Plus,
that chick was a lot better on Cheers.
And Artemis_Fallen doesn't really look
anything like Shelly Long.
2. Ever have one of those moments of clarity when you're like "Fuck... am I really doing this? holy shit... I'm actually doing this." and the gravity of the whole situation hits you all at once?

Yeah, I'm totally having one of those moments about buying a house.

I'm totally not enough of an adult for this.

3. I thought my desire to play was low before... anymore, it's absolutely non-existant. Outside of like 3 sessions with a friend that moved away a few months back, I have played twice since COPE 2009. And what's worse... I don't think I really care.

It's not like I'm becoming less kinky. I just really don't seem to have the urge anymore at all.

I don't even have the motivation to seek out new play partners or anything. And this might be tied into my "I'm single and I really could give a shit about finding any sort of partner" phase I've been in for the past year.

It's like I've somehow become more and more cynical about dating, relationships, play and pretty much everything else related to that kinda thing, if that makes any sense, or is even possible.


Beat motherfuckers!
 Maybe I'm just preoccupied with the whole 'I'm buying a house" thing and feel like I have more important things to think about than dating. I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just starting to realize how slim the dating pool is becoming the older I get. Or maybe I've just become a bitter, cynical, surly old man at 30 (I'm totally thinking this actually might be more of the case) but I just don't care.

Well, that might not be entirely true. I care a little bit. But I just don't seem to even have the energy to bring myself to care enough that it bothers me. It's more of that little nagging thing that pops up in my head from time to time of "hey, it would be kinda cool to not be single for a little while" which is then immediately followed by the thought that "that requires going out there and trying to meet new people and I hate new people and then it requires weeding thru the ever-growing list of girls with serious baggage, kids or a whole host of other dealbreakers for someone that actually is close to what I'm looking for and that's just way too much fucking work so I think I'm just gonna go play with my dog, have a beer and then play some xbox" (yes, I think in ungodly long run-on sentences) and say 'fuck it.

I don't know... maybe it's just as simple as I'm in my comfort zone being single right now. I'm good with being single. And being in that comfort zone, by definition, is something I don't feel like leaving. Or maybe it's just a case of not meeting anyone in forever and a day that makes me want to get out of that comfort zone.

I mean, I'm not one of those people that dates people just so they're not single. I only date or play with someone I connect with. Someone I really dig on one level or another. And I have to have an attraction. So the pickings are slimmer and slimmer each year. Unless I went the Creepy Old Dom route and tried to grab up any of the new 19-22-year-old subbie girls that showed up in the scene. But that's not really my style.

FetLife Cydia app for iPhone pleasssseeeee??
Once again, not exactly new territory to explore here... just something that's been on my mind the last day or 3.

4. Oh... new iPhone jailbreak is out. I might do that later. Need to back up my phone first though. I just wish FetLife released a Cydia app since Apple is so fucking anal about content restrictions. Enough iPhone users jailbreak that even if we had to pay $1.99 or something for the app, we'd do it just so we can have a damn app. Fucking apple.

5. This thing sucks today. Like really sucks. I have absolutely no inspiration.  I hate days like that. Where I sit here and just kinda have writers block.

Well, not so much writers block as just nothing that really speaks to me enough that I can expound upon a basic concept and turn it into an actual thought.

Nope, instead I try to hide the fact that I can't really make some basic concept into a full thought behind lists of little crap with some bad one-liners thrown in and pictures..

And on that note... here's some more Deadpool:



Deadpool would have been AWESOME in Avatar. He knows how to kill blue freaks.



No comments:

Post a Comment