Thursday, February 9, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #564

Day 564

I just want to clear something up... I never intentionally schedule shit the same day as some other event going on around here. I don't look at the schedule and think "It would be fun to fuck with (person X) by throwing a party or having an @ElitistFucks munch on the same day as their thing".

I don't look at the schedules at all. Ever. Hell, if I wasn't reminded when things were while talking about them with friends in the planning stage, I would have probably thrown the HATE party the same weekend as Dark Odyssey or Winter Wickedness.

I just don't look at schedules.

So while I might be an inconsiderate dick... I don't go out of my way to be so. I just take the easiest route to get there. By being an ignorantly inconsiderate dick.

But I do have to say... what's the problem with there being more than 1 party on a given night? Fuck... it's not like there's that much shit going on or either party can handle enough people that nobody is goning to go to the other one. Is there a competition here that I don't know about? I thought we were bitching a few months ago that there weren't enough options for play and whatnot... now there's a problem because there's too many?

Sorry to make a thing out of this, but I've had a couple people talk to me in the past couple months as though they thought I was competing with the other events going on around the city for people. And I just wanted to clarify that I'm not.

Hell, I'm just kinda geeked when anyone shows up. I could care less how many people pick the parties we throw over the other party. I just figured that the worst that happens is that people have to pick. Sorry kids, but choices are life.

It feels too much like social engineering to determine "ok, this weekend we will grant you these different things to attend or not attend but your only option is to go to this thing we approve of or find something else to do because that's your only option of the organized kink variety".

I'm a big fan of the choices that chaos and lack of structure to things provides. I prefer that. I like the anarchy. I like the randomness. I like the feast-or-famine situation that it sometimes presents. I like seeing when things just randomly match up well to provide everyone with an option that they like. I like the lack of structure. The lack of authority. I just wish more people would do it too. The punk rock side to the kink world. The DIY stuff.

I mean, I've had a number of people wonder "how do I throw a good party?" recently and my answer is the same to everyone... throw the party YOU would want to go to and people will show up and have fun. It's just that simple. Do It Yourself. Do what you want. Fuck permission. Fuck opinions of anyone else. Just do your own thing. Don't try to appeal to anyone. Don't pander. Just have fun, do whatever you want with no regard toward anything or anyone else and you'd be shocked how many other people will love it just as much as you do.

Chaos is funny like that.

And here's some Deadpool for reading that whole thing

No comments:

Post a Comment