Friday, February 17, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #570

Day 570

Wait a second... Self Driving Cars? FUCK YES!!

Nevada is the first state to authorize the use of self-driving cars on the road.

I love me a good road trip. I just rarely trust another human being to drive. And I really prefer to do them in my own car. But see... sometimes... especially when driving through fucking nowheresville, PA or bumfucknowhere, Ohio, I wanna take a nap. Cause I get bored.

Now I can take a fuckng nap, bitches!

Come on... you know you'd love that. Driving out to Philly or Chicago and just hop in the back seat and crash out for like an hour or 3? I'd be digging it. Or just recline the seat and nod off right there.

We can keep her employed
as a cab driver. Right?

Though I'm curious how this works for cars with a manual transmission? I have never even owned an automatic. I go out of my way to always buy a manual. Something about an automatic makes me just think "glorified golf cart".

And I also wonder what this is going to do to the cabby industry or towncar industry? I mean, once they start installing these things into yellow cabs and limos, that's a shitload of guys that you can't understand because they don't speak english that will be out of a gig. Especially in NYC and whatnot.

Though it WILL cut down on the costs of local government. I want this shit installed in buses ASAP. Fuck paying bus drivers 60-100K a year to drive a bus. And then retire at like 55 with a full pension and full benifits until they die? Yeah... my tax money pays for that and I want a tax cut, bitches.
Sadly, I got $5 says the union tries to block any public form of transportation from using this tech.

But now that they've figured out self-driving cars... I want fucking faster speed limits! Freeway speeds shouldn't be limited to anything below 70. Granted, I'd prefer about 90, but I'll settle for 70... you know, for the sake of all those people that suck at driving and are terrified of operating a motor vehicle, never turn their heads and look like they're so stiff behind the wheel that hitting the right note will shatter them into pieces like glass.

1 comment: