Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #610

Day 610

I swear to fucking christ... every day that I come on here, the only motherfucking thing anyone is talking about anymore is consent and predators and labeling people and blah blah blah fucking blah.

You know what? THIS ISN'T FUN ANYMORE!
It's become some sort of a fucked up mix of a bunch of petulant children playing the "I'm-not-touching-you/ yes-you-are" game and going to my fucking accountant.

You people and your constant fucking need to have something to fucking crusade against is KILLING THIS FOR EVERYONE ELSE!

Here's the thing that you people don't seem to realize. The kink world and the vanilla world aren't any god damned different. It might be more appropriate to see some dude getting a blowjob or whatever in the middle of a hallway during a party at a kink party, but I've been to a thousand vanilla parties where's it happened too. The basic rules though? No different.

People are going to sometimes touch you that you don't want to touch you. It happens at a vanilla bar, and it happens at a dungeon or a munch. It also happens at the fucking book store or in a mall or any god damn where else that people are and you can interact with them. Someone you barely know and don't haven't established a dynamic with yet is gonna hug you or compliment you or smile at you or bump into you or put a hand on your shoulder or fucking whatever. But you know what? It happens in the vanilla world and it happens in the kink world. Fucking deal with it.

But the minute you god damn people want to turn it into a public shaming cause someone you don't know was in a great mood and decided to spread the love by giving people hugs something as they were trying to spread some cheer... you're the people that kill the fun. When someone misreads a cue, instead of stopping them and correcting them, you throw them under the god damn bus. When someone thinks that they're closer with you than they are or are just a natural close-talker or naturally physical person, and you act like you just caught them sodomizing your pet bunny. You make this feel like I'm going to the dentist office. You're the ones that make it feel like I'm doing my taxes rather than interacting with people.

"Well... in subsection B of clause 4 of Section 9 it specifically states that unless these 4 conditions are met AND the moon is in the C-quadrant of the sky, then obviously a hug is not permitted"

Oh fuck you people.

Deal with it. You know what? Someone totally random comes up and is all grabby with your junk or your girly bits or you guy-girly kinda-former-bits or whatever? Yeah... say something. But deal with it like you would anywhere in the vanilla world. If it's really bad, call the fucking cops. But if it's not bad enough that the cops would deal with it, then deal with it like a rational human being. With how much fucking grabass goes on, people misreading cues is probably not that fucking weird. But seriously... a hug or a smile or a compliment or even when you've been playful with them and they take a cue wrong or whatever... and they go too far? Just stop and say "hey, could you maybe not do that? That wasn't cool".
Cause for you a bunch of people that talk so much about "good communication"... freezing up when something doesn't go exactly your way or makes you uncomfortable only to then go shit talk about them to everyone that will listen or to the whole intarwubz? That's not good communication. That's being a whiny bitch.

This is why I'm going to need to start wearing my "PROXIMITY IS CONSENT" t-shirt all the god damn time. Or wait... I got an even better idea. I can continue not dealing with you unstable idiots 90% of the time and on the rare times that I DO... I can make sure I'm fucking drunk so I don't remember it.

Now go fuck yourself and learn to live in the real world where sometimes you get offended or feel uncomfortable and shit you don't like happens to you.

I'm too old and tired and fucking cranky to deal with this constant need to find something else to cry about. One month it's consent, the next it's pronouns, the next it's about communication, the next it's about kinksters being cheap or the need to be more inclusive or less offensive and the next it's back to fucking consent. Lather. Rinse. Re-fucking-peat.

At least when I'm bitching about shit, I try to make it kinda funny. Or wave my hands around and point to things and look like the admittedly raving lunatic that I am.

Maybe I'll just say 'fuck it" and make a consent form that you have to sign away your rights in order to speak to me or be within 5 feet of me. That should make things interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment