Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #624

Day 624

I think I want to actually get serious... well, as serious as I get about anything, at least... but I think I want to get serious about writing a book. With pages. And maybe some words. And probably some pictures. Hmmm... actually, there probably won't be pictures. I'm thinking just something small. A novella or something. 150 pages or so. Actually, that might be a novelette. And not quite a novella.

Where's the cut-off line for that? Who the fuck ever came up with it?

But I'm thinking maybe saying fuck-it to writing a comic. I've got a couple ideas that I kinda thought might be cool for non-spandex-y comics that could translate over pretty well into a book. But I'm thinking it's gonna be something really strange.

Maybe as an e-book with a shitload of meta-content. Especially music. Maybe some background noise written into the book as well during scenes that have.. you know... background noise. Cause background noise when it's really fucking quiet would be, uh... wrong. And cause any book I write would totally need a soundtrack.  Cause it would be epic like that. But then I'd have to get rights to music and stuff. And that's no fun. Fuck it, I'll just put in bootleg music and wait to get yelled at by lawyers.

Maybe I'll dust off some of the old half-written books that I have sitting around and throw a bunch of new material in with bits and pieces of those and see what I come up with. I don't know.

I have no idea what it'll be about. Probably something to do do with spider with wings taking over the world, and it's up to the albino circus midget named Jim and his friend, the pre-op transgendered cyborg that is only known under the stage name Ranch Dressing, to ignore the spiders and get drunk under a bridge with hobos.

That sounds like a good book. Throw absolutely strange people into a strange fucking place and then see them do perfectly normal things like becoming winos. What? Being a wino under a bridge isn't normal? FUCK YOU, IT IS!! And you're soberist if you say otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment