Monday, July 23, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #670

Day 670

I don't understand the appeal of the Summer Olympics. I really never have. It's a glorified highschool Track & Field competition. That's pretty much it. There's nothing there that really appeals to me. A bunch of people running around and jumping over stuff.

I've always been a bigger fan of the Winter Olympics. I always thought there was a lot more skill on display. And there's hockey.

Except Curling. That has always been more of curiosity for me. Nothing really else. I remember sitting in my apartment during the 2002 Winter Olympics and being wildly confused about what the hell was going on with these people basically playing Ice Bowling meets Darts and people with brooms running down beside the big rock thing. It made no sense. I still don't understand that game.

But hey... we have Olympics starting this week. So I guess some people are going to care.

But Track & Field, soccer, and people in a pool have virtually no appeal to me. The only thing that I could even potentially care about would be the pool part. But only if it was ditzy beach bunnies in bikinis doing a sun-bathing competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment