Friday, September 28, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #717

Day 717

So, I'm thinking that next weekend will be the Avengers-Athon. Not tomorrow, I mean NEXT Saturday. I am NOT creating an event page. Well, maybe I will. I don't know.

The idea is kinda simple. We will start around 10 or 11 in the morning. There's 6 movies in total, plus 3 Marvel One-Shots (only 4-12 minute long short films) to get through. 7 movies if you count the Ang Lee Hulk movie with Eric Bana, but I think we're skipping it 1) because it's not a Marvel Studios movie; 2) because it's generally ignored in the rest of the series of movies and the only important part (how Bruce becomes Hulk in the first place) is summarized in the opening credits of Incredible Hulk; and 3) it sucks on every conceivable level.

We'll be doing them in order too:

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
The Consultant (One-Shot)
Thor
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer (One-Shot)
Captain America
The Avengers
Item 47 (One-Shot)

So in order to make it though about 12-14 hours of movies in 1 day and watch ALL of them, we need to start kinda early or else we're going to be finishing at like 3am.

We're also going to be snacking and drinking all day. We might order some pizzas if people want "real food". So anything people would like to bring with them would, like usual, be quite appreciated.

Also, we're going to be playing a drinking game. @Diotima has been thinking about how that game will work, so she will be the one explaining those rules. I'm just along for the ride on that one. The extent of my movie oriented drinking games ended when I invented the IMDB drinking game about 8 years ago. The damage I did to my body that night from that game is something that I still have phantom pains from occasionally (or maybe that's liver failure?) and I'm not about to invent another game based around the visual medium that forces me to drink at certain times. I'll leave that up to someone else from now on.

So what do you think? If you're interested (even if you've already voiced some interest), please post a reply here.

No comments:

Post a Comment