Monday, February 11, 2013

Replaceable - RTOTD #790.1

Day 790.1

Baby Bailey!
I don't know exactly what prompted me to remember this, but it's kind of a combination of a story and question for you all.

Many years ago, I was dating this girl when I first got Bailey. I had wanted to get a dog for years. I hadn't had one since I was a kid and really missed having a dog. I actually think I kept a couple friends through the years that I hadn't even really like all that much just because I really liked their dogs. So I was kind of ecstatic to get Bailey.

A month or 2 later, I broke up with her. She was kind of a mess anyway, sweet girl, just far too high maintenance for my ability to deal with. And to be honest, I hadn't really been all that into her for the entire time we were dating. She was sweet and all, and enthusiastic in bed, but we didn't have much in common and while I feel a little bad about it now, the whole relationship was really just kinda something to keep me occupied.

Yes, I've gotten into relationships just because I was bored.

So when I got my dog and I broke up with her, she actually blamed my dog. She had kinda resented the dog from the first time I brought him home. Granted, I hadn't told her I was getting a dog before-hand, but fuck it. That wasn't her business. And it wasn't like we were living together or anything.

But she actually blamed the dog for me dumping her. She said that he was a replacement for her. She knew she was  needy and that (and I don't mean physically... I mean emotionally high-maintenance) and that getting Bailey was foreshadowing of me dumping her.

So I have to ask ... have YOU ever thought that you had been replaced with a pet? Have you ever blamed the dog for getting dumped?

And no, if you fart a lot and always blame the dog, but get dumped for being a farter... It doesn't count.

I think I also replaced another girl with a new car one time. But that one? That one I did purposefully.

1 comment:

  1. I got a cat because she was better company than my boyfriend at the time.... does that count?

    ReplyDelete