Monday, January 21, 2013

Goodbye, Pacman! - RTOTD #777

Day 777

Atari is now bankrupt. I wonder how much it would cost to buy? I mean, I would license the shit out of some Space Invaders.

Wait... does Atari even have any actual rights over anything? They just built the consoles and hardware right? Did they ever make any of their own games? I don't remember. And now that I think of it, I don't know if I really care that much.

But since I'm already on the topic of vintage video games... what was your favorite Mike Tyson's Punch Out characters?

I was always a fan of Soda Popinski.

Although Bald Bill (which I totally always thought was Bald Bull until I started looking for a picture of him and a couple websites called him Bald Bill) had this awesome gay leatherman thing going for him that I totally just realized right now as I was in the process of writing this.

I kinda wanna go play some old-school Punch Out now.

And I was always a little bummed that Super Macho Man wasn't actually the Macho Man Randy Savage wearing boxing gloves and fruity neon colored tassles and those vent-sunglasses things while yelling about Slim Jims and looking like he was about to rupture his hernia or take a massive shit right there on screen. Cause tell me it wouldn't have been totally better to have the ACTUAL Macho Man as the Champion in the video game.

How the fuck did they NOT get sued for that shit? You'd'a thought that Randy Savage would probably have had that named trademarked and copyrighted everywhere. Apparently not thought.

2 comments:

  1. OH!!!!! Yeahhhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious - I so completely remember playing this game non stop til I finally beat it - memories of throwing that f***n controller across the room out of anger and the exhilaration of finally beating it and then finally the what do I do now that I beat it feeling .. Sigh ... Those were the days !!

    ReplyDelete