Monday, July 29, 2013

Addicted - RTOTD #818

Day 818

My name is Joe and I'm a Plasti-Dip-A-Holic.

I'm addicted to Plasti Dip. No, seriously. I think I'm legitimately addicted to finding new things to 'Dip.

It started with my car. I hated the chrome accents on it and wanted to get rid of them. But totally de-badging my car was out of the question. I could just remove the pieces that were glued on like the 2.5 and the bunny emblem. But the VW logos on the front and rear were something I couldn't really remove and just leave off. Well, at least without buying a new grille and doing a lot of body work and mechanical work on the trunk to shave them.

So I took them off and plasti dipped them. And that satisfied me for a little bit.

But then I wanted to do more. I started doing a spare set of wheels that I have in my garage. The clear coat was shot and there was oxidation on the aluminum. The center hubs were scuffed with road rash and the rubberized coating started peeling more when I stripped the clear coat off the lips. So rather than paint them or refinish them or spend a shitload of money on getting them powder coated... PLASTI DIP! And I'm almost done with them but I need more 'dip.

This shit's like fucking crack.

And to make matter worse, I started finding things in my house to 'dip. I took off the light switch covers in my bedroom because they were ugly and dirty. I just planned to clean them but then I realized that they had been wallpapered over and then white-washed over top of that. I hated the way they looked. So I started stripping them off. I cleaned them down to bare plastic but found that they were that ugly off-white, almost a really light tan colored plastic. So I cleaned them down to the bare plastic, cleaning out all of the crevices because they were textured, and thought "maybe I'll just plasti dip these too?" and so I did.

I've got some nicks in my paint and a couple scratches that I really hate to see... maybe I'll just dip my whole car?

And then I started looking at my patio furniture. All 4 chairs and the table need painted. I bought them used for dirt cheap and other than needing a new coat of paint (and the one arm needing fixed now on one of the chairs), they were in great shape. So I'm going to plasti dip all of that too.

I'm hooked now. I look at everything and just want to plasti dip it. Car parts. Painted furniture. Hell, I contemplated plasti dipping my walls becuase I'll never need to paint them again. And it peels right off when I want to change the color back.

So I'm thinking that maybe I'm going to put my plasti dip obsession to good use. And I'm going to try to maybe do some Plasti Dip play. It's stretchy when it dries. I think I'm going to see what it looks like sprayed on the girl. I think plasti dipped outfits for kinky parties sound like a fantastic idea. It's like the next evolution of a latex fetish.

Fuck pulling latex over and trying to fight with getting it to actually go on and then using baby powder and shit. Just plasti dip.

Riggers see hard points everywhere. I am now seeing potentially plasti dipped items everywhere. It might be becoming a problem. Because I really did just suggest plasti dipping my girlfriend only a few sentences ago. So maybe this is something that I need help with.

I'm an addict & I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment