Monday, August 19, 2013

A Long Lost Thought - RTOTD #827

I've been working on cleaning up my archives (and adding things to the archives here. The first 30-some or 40 days of the RTOTD is up way way WAY at the end of this blog) and I came across a couple unpublished thoughts. Shit that I don't know why I didn't post at the time. Well, maybe I understand why I didn't post them but now I don't give a shit and am going to just throw anything out there that I can come up with.

It also makes me realize that I'm just not thinking the same way I used to. I'm not going off on rants about things. Now I'm blabbering about plasti dip and fucking cartoons. Jesus. It really makes me hate my newer material. Because this SHOULD be something fun and amusing and random to read or write every day. Instead, I've been trying to make it so fucking interesting that I'm back in that "It's becoming a job" thing by caring what the fuck I write instead of just being an exercise in my rambling, incoherent brain wildly firing thought bullets like a blind man with an inner ear infection at the shooting range. And then assessing the collateral damage when the smoke clears.

And with that said, on to the retro thought given a modern date.

Day 827

So it's bad enough that there's pretty much a reality show for everyone at this point. There's those duck people, all those swamp idiots trying to catch alligators or whatever the fuck they do, there was the midget family, the people that had all the children in the history of ever, those walking plastic surgery factories that called themselves housewives, and just about any other person that they can find to act like a jackass on camera and get famous for being a total doucherocket. On camera.

But now... now we have hillbilly gypsies from West by-god Virginia that apparently think pre-marital sex is horrible but fucking and marrying your cousin? Totally cool. And perfectly normal. You all ain't doing West Virginia any favors. You're really from Kentucky and are just doing what you can to make West Virginia look bad, right? Couldn't find a goat to fuck in the meantime to help out with reinforcing the stereotype a little more? Find any city boys to make squeal like a pig recently?

I mean, don't get me wrong... I love any reason to laugh at hillbillies, West Virginia, make a Deliverance joke (which, oddly enough, I only saw less than half of, a number of years ago. I should watch that movie) and find a way to play up the stereotypes even more from that god-forsaken shitstain of a state. Well, godforsaken shithole state with really really nice roads. Seriously... I'd almost be cool with going the WV route and have a former Klansman being our senior Senator for a few years in PA just to get roads half as nice as Byrd got for them. Then I remembered that I have black friends and they probably wouldn't like that. And I like them more than I like West Virginia's roads.

So feel privileged, my black friends. I shall protect you from the klansman! Even if it means shitty roads!

I need a cape now. Because I'm a superhero that saves black people.

Did I just actually write that? Cause that might have been kinda wrong. But it made more sense in my head and was totally less racially insensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment