Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An Unpleasant Delay - RTOTD #842

Day 842

I've got a bit of bad news... the next book, Booze, Bondage & Bad Decisions is going to have to be delayed.

I didn't think I would be killing myself to get this one out by my desired date, but I can almost guarantee that it won't be done in time. Much less edited, a cover designed, and everything put together in time for my expected December 12th release date.

The reason is pretty simple actually. I hated almost half of it. This isn't like last time where I wrote something and I re-read it so many times during initial self-editing that I started to hate it. No, this was as simple as I didn't think half the stories in it were even that funny. Or hot. Or stupid. Or crazy. No, they were just fucking boring. These weren't the stories I wanted to write. They were something that I was using to fill space and it wasn't worth the time. Not only that, but because of my ridiculous writers block, I wasn't doing a very good job even with the funny ones. Seriously... how do you get writer's block when writing true stories of shit that happened? I don't know. But I'd blank on details and forget other things and then remember that that wasn't all 1 story, but 2 stories and try to clean it up and lose the charm and whit and wacky bullshit that made them great in the first place. Instead, I ended up with a dry piece of shit.

And fuck that noise. I'm not gonna release something like that. If you don't laugh like an idiot at least a couple times in each story and chuckle for most of the rest of it, it's just not worth putting in a fucking book. Right?

Well, so I've scrapped like 1/2 of it and I'm back to like... step 2 out of the 7 or 8 steps involved in getting one of these things completed and released. So I'll have a new date for you in the next few weeks. I'm in the process of editing the stuff that I DID like right now and I'm going to throw them in a folder to not fuck with them and just worry about putting together the rest of the book once I'm done before coming back to them for a final edit right before I release it.

So this is just my pre-emptive apology for those that expected new reading material right before Christmas.

So I'll let you know a rescheduled date once I get back to writing the funny stories to replace the shit stories I threw away. But if I had to guess? March? Maybe? I'm not certain yet. Maybe earlier. Depends on how busy I am between now and when it gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment