Monday, January 13, 2014

Tire Fires of Nostalgia - RTOTD #872

Day 872

Man, I fucking miss Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner cartoons. And as much as I'd love to see new episodes, I know the kind of tire fire that some jackwagon producer at Time-Warner would turn them into. It would basically end up a somehow even shittier version of Space Jam and essentially rape my childhood and make me hate everything even more. Kinda like Man of Steel. Except worse. Like strange-sounding Muppets after Jim Hensen died.

I guess that's the thing with revisiting nostalgia stuff. You can't quite ever recapture that lightning in a bottle of the original. You can only really hope to get close, not fuck up too much, and keep hitting the "90% of the quality of the original" until it's just hackneyed and I am left writing too many fucking clichés to describe it.

So maybe I just need to go find some old-school Loony Tunes on Netflix or DVD or something and binge on that for a while. Except that fucking skunk. Because fuck Pepe Le Pew and all of France. And the rooster guy wasn't that funny either.



No comments:

Post a Comment