Thursday, January 26, 2017

Bizzaro-World - RTOTD #896

Day 896

It's 2017 and I feel like I live in Bizzaro-world sometimes. I know a lot of this isn't going to make me a lot of friends, and maybe I'm an idiot. I'll accept that possibility (even if I find it unlikely).

But we now live in a world where I'm expected to accept that choices made after birth are genetically predetermined with regard to sexual preference (literally, the word preference is in the designation. I shouldn't even need to go much beyond this, but apparently so) even though science has yet to find any proof of it.

We're also expected to accept that gender is a choice, even though it IS genetically predetermined with that whole XX vs XY thing that science has totally proven. XX & XY determines your bits. Gender is nothing more than the classification of those bits. And XYX or XXY or whatever the other anomalous codes are, they have a gender too.

So products of genetics (like gender), which we have no control over, are a choice, but products of choice, such as a preference for fucking those of your same gender or a predilection towards pancakes over waffles, are genetic? Ok then

Am I missing something here? If so, I'm all ears. As I said, maybe I missed something here or maybe I'm an idiot. Please just use small words to explain it to me but I feel like logic is broken here or turned upside down or something. Like, this shit doesn't even pass the smell test. Cause if I get to choose my genetics, I'd kinda like to be 6'3" and a better athlete with a near super-human metabolism & my beard to grow in a little thicker on my cheeks. Oh wait, the universe doesn't conform to that just because I claim to be it? Well fuck. Or do I have to think really really hard at it & cast a spell like a wizard or some shit?

Don't get me wrong... I truly don't give a fuck which consenting adult you want to fuck, or if you want to have an addadicktome or even just dress up in drag all the time. Cool with me. To each their own. But I can't help but feel like I'm just having my intelligence insulted when you try to convince me that choices are genetically predetermined without any evidence to prove so but genetically predetermined outcomes based on established scientific principles are a choice.

I just feel like someone completely misunderstood the nature/nurture theory in their human development course, mixed in some dyslexia to top it all off, & then somehow convinced other people that this wasn't batshit nuts.

So yeah... we're in Bizzaro-world where genetics are choice & choice is genetic & up is down & black is white & logic got thrown out the fucking window with common sense.

So just stop the fucking planet. I want to get off. Or start being intellectually honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment