Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #404

Day 404

I like pi. Pi is fine. 3.14159

Yeah... it's one of those kinda days.

Ok... so now to talk about something that isn't just stupid bullshit. Ok, maybe to talk about stupid bullshit that requires more effort on my part than some dumb rhyme from like 5th grade.

I almost just started typing out the Toys R' Us theme song instead. Fuck, my brain isn't yet functional.

Instead of an actual stream of thought this morning... you're gonna get a list of crap that I don't care about or can't comprehend:

1. The environment. Sorry, I just can't seem to bring myself to care. And the idea of seeing everyone walking around wearing those bio-warfare suits is kind of amusing in a dystopian future movie kinda way. So yeah, I don't care.

2. Organic food. I just also can't bring myself to care. I've had strawberries that grew wild in the woods once... not nearly as sweet or juicy as the modified and pesticide soaked kind that I can get in the grocery store. And really... is my chicken going to taste any better if it's allowed to run around in a big pen outside instead of in a cage inside? And I can't taste any difference between wild grains and the kind that's in the bread I buy in the grocery store. So yeah... again... I don't care.

3. The new-found fascination that everyone has with bacon. What the fuck? Bacon has always tasted wonderful. Now, all of a sudden... everywhere I look... bacon. Why? Did the rest of the world just discover that little strips of pig thrown in a frying pan and let to cook in it's own juices until it's super crispy existed? Has someone changed the flavor of bacon so that it's now "more bacon-y!" or something? It's fucking bacon... it's been around for centuries and it'll be around for centuries more. Oh wait, maybe this is a movement to make pigs extinct by turning them all into wonderful, wonderful bacon?

4. Natural Disasters that happen hundreds or thousands of miles away. Maybe I'm a prick (oh wait... yeah... I am) but see... there's a reason that I DON'T live in places that are within walking distanct of a major unstable fault line or moderately active volcano, below sea level or in a flat, low-lying area that has a tendency to be hit by tornados. I also choose not to live in the desert. Why? Because the chance of dying by  my own stupidity, a random act of voilence or too much bacon is significantly higher HERE than my chance of being swallowed by the fucking earth in an earthquake or covered in molten lava or starving to death because there's no food or water in those places. This is common sense, people. When the environment has a greater chance of killing you than a random stray bullet or being dumb enough to jump off a roof while drunk, you're living in the wrong place. (my sympathies to anyone who has lost a loved one or property in a natural disaster, but maybe those are warning signs that this is no longer the best place to be residing? It's at least worth some consideration.)

5. Politics (anymore). I used to be intrigued by it, but now? Now's it just a bunch of rich assholes yapping about the best way to spend someone else's money. Without ever actually asking the people whose money it is how THEY want to fucking spend it. They play games with words, they spin the truth to meet their agendas and they stay in power for so long that they have absolutely NO clue what it's like to be the one being bent over by douchebags in authority. They all say that they want to help the country or the people or the world but in the end, every single one of them wants to help themselves. That's it. Honestly, if these people just THOUGHT they had power but really didn't, it would make a helluva funny reality TV show. But sadly, they actually DO have power. And they'll keep fucking us, so at this point... I just don't care anymore.

6. The royal wedding. Why did we care? I'm really confused by this. I know they're also white and English speaking, but do we give a shit when a Spanish prince gets married? They still have royalty in most of Europe and we don't care. Do we care when some middle-eastern Sheik gets married? No. Why? Because they don't matter. So can SOMEONE explain what the hell the fastination was with that wedding? Cause all I saw were chicks in funny hats and a Canadian Royal Mounted Police officer getting married to some mildly attractive blonde chick and a bunch of old people in the audience.

*edit* 7. Baseball. Really, who cares? Basketball kinda falls into the same category. Every year, one team buys the best 3 or 4 free agents in the league and then win for a few years before trading or letting them walk when they get old and then buys the next crop of free agents.

I think that's all for now.

5 comments:

  1. #2 offends me. And I think you lie because we HAVE had the discussion about eggs and you DID say you could see/taste a difference.

    Suck about the strawberries--but wild strawberries can grow in poor soil too. Small, organic strawberries grown in good soil ARE better than the giant pesticide soaked ones with a white (not tasty) core.

    True, free range chickens DO taste better. They eat more bugs and crap, increasing their protein intake therefore making themselves taste better just like their eggs.

    My bread definitely DOES taste different and better than chemical bread. And it doesn't turn to some sort of weird gum paste that clings to your teeth in a strange manner.

    I hear you on #4!!!

    --GS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think those are mostly issues with the freshness of the food. The fresher the eggs, the better tasting they defintely are. Like when the yolk is still almost orange and not that pale yellow that's in a lot of older eggs that you'll get at the store. I can't say for certain, but I'd hazard a guess that the eggs in the grocery store just aren't as fresh as the ones you get at the farmers market or other organic grocers.

    And your bread is totally better than the store bought stuff because you bake it about a half hour before it gets eaten. hahaha! Does it have time to ever get old enough to know if it turns into sticky pasty stuff that gets stuck on the back of your teeth?

    I'll have go to get chickens to test out the taste of the meat thought. And I don't know if my dog is gonna be good with chasing chickens around the yard. I'll ask him after he eats one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pale yellow is not because of the age of the yolks. It's due to the lack of beta carotenes that are being eaten by the chicken and stuff like that. I've had caged chicken eggs that were laid the day before (yay co-ops) and they are still pale yellow.

    I've got some of those chickens in my freezer from a local farm. Next time I roast one, I will invite you over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! OK! that makes sense now. I only figured that it was the pale yellow because of the age. I got some really fresh eggs from a guy I know with a farm and they were orange inside. A few days later he gave me more that I didn't eat for a week or 2 and they were more yellow. So I just figured it was the age of the egg. Didn't realize it was actually nutrient oriented.

    And you know I'm always game for your cooking.

    (still giggling to myself over the mental image of my dog chasing wild chickens in the yard and catching one though)

    ReplyDelete
  5. he environment, its a new way to scare people to give them our money, #2 the same. as for bacon - no clue but its a little odd.

    the thing that gets me about the natural disasters is, when have any of these folks helped us?? usually they spend the rest of the time screaming about how horrible we are, so let em solve thier own problems.

    politics and the wedding, its all the same, some people just think that its in Europe so it must be better, look how its working for them. and the clown we have now wants a European medical system and gas prices, are you ready to buy gas by the quart ?

    ReplyDelete