Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #479

Day 479

Hey kids... remember a couple weeks ago when I mentioned that the MPAA & RIAA were going after people hardcore for bootlegging? Yeah... apparently the courts are on their side on this.

Some dude in boston had originally gotten hit with a $675,000 fine for bootlegging that a court knocked down to $67,000. Well, the appeals court said "nah, I think the original $675k was just fine" and reinstated the original fine.

So remember kids... just get shit from friends. Borrow & rip physical media from friends or netflix or the library or something instead of torrenting or whatever. They're really getting kinda bad about this. Tracking IP addresses, having a working arrangement with your ISP to hand over your account info & name without a suppoena or court order and all that fun stuff. So avoid the torrents, children. And beware the big brother of the digital age.

The amusing part of this for me is that a fine on pirating makes headlines again on Talk Like A Pirate Day. Maybe I'm the only one that gets the irony.

So here's a few of my favorite Talk Like A Pirate Day quotes... all from my own brain:

"Fuck, I got fined for downloading bootleg movies" - iPirate

"Damn... *sad face* and I thought we might hit .500 this year & make people think we were an actual professional baseball team" - A Pittsburgh Pirate

"Let's rape & steal everything we can and become a beloved internet meme in 200 years" - fortune telling pirate

"YAY!!! no more Don't Ask Don't Tell!!!" - ... yeah... guess what kinda pirate....

On a side note... I wonder if military uniforms are going to get an overhaul now that DADT has been repealed. I mean... openly gay soldiers will want to find something much more fashionable than the standard uniform.

Yes... that was 2 gay-male stereotype jokes. Or a joke about how straight males have no sense of fashion. Either way, it's ok to laugh at it.

Oh god... I'm gonna get it from my gay friends today...

Can I just make fun of myself and be done with it before I get skewered by... well... everyone? Oh fuck it... come on... throw it back at me. It's all in good fun.

But in the meantime... here's some Deadpool:


No comments:

Post a Comment