Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #493

Day 493

It's kind of an exciting few days for the geek in me.

iTunes 10.5 came out yesterday with iCloud access. iOS 5, iCloud & a few other things were live today. The iPhone 4S comes out Friday morning...

Samsung is selling Galaxy S II phones for $2 to compete with the iPhone. Yes, you read that right... they rented a whole storefront down the street from an Apple Store to sell a $200 phone for $2 to get people to switch. Talk about determination to take a chunk out of Apple's market share & fire another shot in the ongoing war between those 2 companies. It's kinda funny to watch this one. Yet they're still doing business with each other with Samsung providing components for a number of Apple products.

And I have to say...  the new Find My Friends app for iOS5 is stalker-heaven! It constantly shares your location with your friends after it's turned on (you have to turn it on). It's kinda awesome. Though you're totally gonna have to explain to your wife why you're showing up in the Strip Club all the time. Or at that pay-by-the-hour motel off Route 8. Cause she's gonna know some shit is going down if you don't turn it on so she can see where you're at. So yeah... stalker-iffic fun. Apple... making cheating or having fun harder since 2011.

But that was nothing compared to the sheer awesomness that was the Avengers trailer going live yesterday. I know @DoNotGoGently & @Sybele were creaming themselves when they watched it. I kinda jizzed in my pants a little bit watching that. And I bet at least a few of you were kinda at least at half-mast from watching it. And there was Hulk-y goodness at the end. Though I'm still not sold on "I'm-such-a-sensitive-man" Mark Ruffalo as a replacement for Ed Norton.

But fucking Robert Downey Jr. needs to just see if he can change his name legally to Tony Stark. He's kinda perfect for that role. He has been since the beginning... I'm pretty sure the casting went something like this:

Casting Agent - "Robert, what we need is for you to play an alcoholic, womanizing, pill-popping, billionare with a bunch of cool toys and a snarky sense of humor"

RDJ - "hmm... I'm not sure about this..."

Casting Agent - "just play yourself... but with cooler shit and more money"

RDJ - "oh... ok... that works"

Casting Agent (Looking at Jon Favreau) - "It was that or Charlie Sheen... but he was busy wearing bowling shirts"

Jon Favreau (to Casting Agent) - "good call"

But I do have to say... I'm pretty sure Chris Evans wants to be in every comic book movie ever. He's done like 7 of them now or something.

The Avengers, The Losers, Scott Pilgrim, 2 Fantastic Four movies, Push, Sunshine, Captain America & something else that I know I'm forgetting and am too lazy to look up on IMDB. I think he wants to just become a superhero.

And Scarlett Johansson's boobs in more black leather... mmmm... *pause... spacing out*...

what was I talking about?

Oh, yeah. I like tits. Bigger the better. Well... unless they're all floppy or mis-shapen and stuff. NICE big boobs. Yummy. Boobs.

I mean... who doesn't love tits?


Deadpool even loves it.


No comments:

Post a Comment