Thursday, October 13, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #494

Day 494


 Hold on... Florida is looking into changing their death penalty law. Some Republican down there sponsored a bill to eliminate the Lethal Injection option and go old school. You get your choice between the chair & a firing squad.

That's fucking awesome!

I can understand lethal injection for dogs & cats and stuff. They're old & sick or they're vicious or whatever... put them to sleep. That's fine. Even the vicious ones didn't do anything to deserve any sort of pain when being put down. They just reacted naturally. They're animals. So I get that.

I just never quite got the "let's be all super nice & considerate to the feelings of a death row inmate" thing. I'm not saying "let's lock them in a Cuba-style 4x4 prison cell with spikes on the walls" or anything... but I think we worry far too fucking much about their comfort and what is "cruel & unusual".

I know... I'm probably not one to talk about this, but I was always more in the camp of "if you make it brutal, we make it brutal on you too, fucker" when it comes to punishment. I mean, I'm not saying that everyone on death row should end up at the point of a gun, but still. You go shooting people... well, fair is fair, boss.

But I don't think electric chair or firing squad goes far enough.

Let's bring back Drawing & Quartering. When's the last time someone got drawn & quartered? Well... maybe in Texas. But still.

Tell me that wouldn't be amusing. And you figure... if you gotta go out... go out in a memorable fucking way, yo!

Or maybe force them to stay awake and watch endless re-runs of Hee-Haw & anything on Lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment