Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #497

Day 497

You know... I kinda wanna get your opinions on this based on the discussion yesterday:

Do you prefer the quiet, more sensual atmosphere when you play? Or do you prefer the louder, wilder club-type atmosphere?

What about drinking? I'm not talking about drunken idiots. I just mean being able to have a couple drinks if you want.

I mean... ignore the space issues for a moment and the camera issues. Pretend everyone is obeying the photography policies & that people are giving you the space to play while the place is still crowded.

What kinda atmosphere do you prefer?

Personally, I prefer the lound, club-like atmosphere. Though that's strange since I generally hate clubs. I prefer the more low-key bars over the lound flashy clubs. But for play, I'm the exact opposite. Loud & fast music, dark with the strobe lights. That kinda thing. I think it gives an energy to the atmosphere that some slow "mood" music doesn't.

I mean, I don't need to hear the sounds of a flogger hitting someone's back. I can check in with my play partner with talking close if I have any concern about their reactions. And for the usual checking in things. So the noise doesn't bother me. The drowning out of individual voices into a sea of talking & laughing & bass & all that is kinda good. I like it. I don't want quiet. I hate quiet. I don't know why. I prefer chaos. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's cause I'm not very vocal when I play. I think the louder the venue gets, the more electric it gets & then the more vocal I become.

And I really prefer to be able to have a drink before or after a scene. That doesn't make it "unsafe", as long as you're a fucking adult that knows when is "too much". But I can understand the reluctance of some. But for me? It's not really a PARTY without some booze. I don't mean stumbling drunk ass-bags, but just something to get the vibe a little looser.

But hey, that's just me... what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment