Monday, November 7, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #511

Day 511

I'd like to congratulate Doc on winning the Ms Pittsburgh Leather Fetish 2012 title. It was a good & close competition. She will do a wonderful job of representing the title for Pittsburgh. And thank you too, to DoNotGoGently for providing an amazing opponent in the title race.

This brings up something that I think is good for the community.

Granted, I stopped caring about the whole "community" concept a while ago. Inclusiveness, welcoming atmosphere, sex-positive whatever, bridge building... whatever... I couldn't give a fuck. Maybe that's why I don't involve myself in the whole community structure anymore.

But I know that's the goals of the community at present. It's also kind of necessary if there's any hope of putting together some kind of public play space anytime soon. The whole "rely on one part of the whole pansexual community to sustain anything" model doesn't work. We've got a boatload of failures in keeping something afloat to prove that one.

And I think having someone that's a mainstay in the bdsm community is a good way to help bridge some of the gaps between a number of the small, segmented communities in this city. There's not a lot of crossover as-is between the Leather and the bdsm communities as is. And while the Fetish 101 parties are also somewhat of a bridge-buidling thing, it's not really enough. There's a lot of differences between these 2 segments of the community. And I think either of the 2 female contestants would have been good choices to help show some of the similarities that the 2 segments also have. So either way, it was a win.

And in closing... I'd like to be the first person to refer to Doc as Ms Fancy Pants for her title. Because... well... why not?

I should totally run next year on the "I don't care about bridging any gaps or doing anything to improve anything anywhere for any reason" platform. While flipping off the audience & the judges the whole time, wearing my customary button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up over black t-shirt with jeans & the only leather being my belt, boots & wallet. For every part of the competition. I'll just change the color of my over-shirt.  See, I'm Leather. I totally got this.

Oh wait... it's not like an election? Well, then that's no fun.

Now, back to my apathy & willful-ignorance fueled ignorant rants about ridiculous bullshit that nobody else but me cares about. And Deadpool. Because that was wayyyyyyy too much of me appearing to care about "community building" and other such bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment