Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #519

Day 519

I decided that I'm gonna do one of those "25 things about my sexuality" things that everyone else seems to be doing.

Cause I'm a trend-follower. Really. I am.

But considering that mine would be 3 things about my sexuality followed by 22 things about booze, strippers, cigarettes, comic books, video games & music, maybe it'll be "25 things that have absolutely nothing to do with my sexuality" instead. That would be far more fitting for me.

But I just saw that NBC has asked for a proposal for a The Munster's re-make show. And tv has recently tried to do a Wonder Woman reboot show and ABC had an Incredible Hulk show coming out next year. This past season also saw a reboot of Charlie's Angels and the year before saw a return of Hawaii Five-O. So going back to the well on tv shows is all the rage. So, with that in mind... let's go with 5 old-school TV shows that should totally be brought back:

I vote for the following:

1. Married With Children - though I don't know how you could find someone funnier than Ed O'Neil to play Al Bundy. Though I think this is what they're trying to do with Modern Family. It's just not nearly as funny. Where's the trampy daughter & the teenage son that can't get laid? Or hearing the thoughts of the dog. But maybe in this version... Al's can be the grandson of Ted Bundy that he fathered with some other chick. Think Dexter as a women's shoes saleseman... losing his god damn mind.

2. Gilligan's Island - When I first saw the commercials for LOST, that's what I expected it to be. But it was infinitely cooler. But I think you could do an absolutely hillarious Gilligan's Island remake that was totally different. And doesn't need to include 4-toed statues and smoke monsters.

3. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? - I remember that this show sucked... but instead of doing it as a game show for kids.. make her an actual bad-ass intelligence broker & go all spy-hunter on her. She's got her network set up & all that. Maybe make it a 1st person style story too. Like the viewer is the spy hunter going after her. All shakey-cam style and everything.

4. Twin Peaks - I'd just be happy if this show ever got a proper resolution. But a reboot with the same crazinness and the same starting point question (Who killed Laura Palmer?) would be totally bad-ass.

5. Flipper - A crime-fighting dolphin? Who thought this was a good idea in the first place?  How the fuck did this show not fail the "suspension of disbelief" test? Come on... this time, give him like... a bionic tail, one of those collars from the Pixar movie UP that the dogs wore so they could talk. And a fucking body suit filled with water so he can survive ... with a laser gun. Or something. Just go fucking crazy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment