Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #523

Day 523
So... I got a question. This just dawned on me...

What was the deal with Popeye & the spinach? Did they ever explain why Popeye thought "hey, if I eat a can of spinach (who the fuck has cans of spinach anyway?), I'll get super strong!" at all? Or was it just a "remember to eat your vegetables, children watching this cartoon" kinda thing? That never quite made sense to me.

I have no idea why that just popped into my head.

Now that I think about it, what ever happened to Popeye? Or any of the rest of the old-school cartoons? Everything from Popeye to Tom & Jerry to the Hanna-Barbera cartoons from USA's Cartoon Express in the 80's. Fuck, even Loony Toons have pretty much disappeared.

Instead we have these insane anime things that you need a heavy dose of LSD to understand more than 3 minutes of.

Though that does be the question of "What the fuck was a Grape Ape?" and why do I have a feeling it was wildly racist?

Man... 80's cartoons are very missed. And half of them ended up with a Nintendo game based on them. Or we're based on a Nintendo game.

Now we need to give Deadpool his own Nintendo game. But not like a Wii game or even a Super Nintendo game. I'm talking old-school 8-bit shit. Just like this right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment