Monday, November 28, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #524

Day 524

Fuck me, it's early. Why in the chocolate christ am I awake this early? Oh... yeah... work. Bah.

Everyone still here? Nobody killed any relatives over the long weekend? Nobody working in retail killed any shoppers this weekend?

Good. Well... maybe good. Some of those assholes deserve a good killing.

Nobody died from withdrawal from not getting this shit for 4 days? You sure? I think I saw my friends list shrink by a couple people. That could have just been people realizing I'm kind of a dick... but unless I see proof otherwise, I'm totally assuming they died of withdrawal. And their profile here died with them.

So, I was thinking... Have we pretty must killed Santa Claus?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but when I was younger (I mean, even like 10 years ago), companies did holiday commercials & themes, but kinda avoided showing the "parents buying all the presents for the kids" type deal. Now, that seems to be all the commercials really are?

I don't really care. I'm just thinking that we're on a pace now where we're like 2 years away from Best Buy just running a commercial that says "Kids, there is no Santa. Just tell your parents to shop at Best Buy for your presents this year.". That, plus the glorification of Black Friday into some kind of fucking "event" instead of... I don't even feel like trying to figure out what it USED to feel like. But I just think it's been turned into a spectacle.

Though it does seem to make people go insane. Which is kinda awesome.

Some lady walking into a WalMart and lighting people up with a can of pepper spray? Tramplings? Robbing people for their "Black Friday Deals" at 3am in a wildly lit-up parking lot and thousands of people around?

That's all comedy gold for me. I just wish there was more chaos to laugh at this year.

Maybe next year when Black Friday shopping starts before Midnight... fuck, let's just start it on Thanksgiving Day now. We already see Christmas shopping ads before Halloween. Thanksgiving is just the day-off that most of the country gets to prep them for Black Friday. That's the actual holiday at this point.

Oh well. That's only temporary. Once my Birthday becomes a national holiday, that'll change.

No comments:

Post a Comment