Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #554

Day 554

Fucking hell... I'm guessing that 2012 will be the year that the government actually pays more attention to virtual problems than actual problems. SOPA, PIPA, the DoJ shutting down megaupload, guys actually going to jail for uploading a bootleg movie, getting e-mails from your ISP that you've been flagged for downloading an episode of a tv show that was on NBC or HBO last week or pretty much anything else. Intellectual Property rights are a BIG fucking deal for this government right now.

Too bad private property rights, monetary policy, tax policy, energy policy or anything else that will actually help people that don't own media conglomerates isn't on that list. But hey... gotta take care of the guys that bought them their ... errr... I meant "generously donated so that they could get legitimately elected in a just and democratic election process"... yeah... that's what I meant.

I'm still waiting to get paid for the virus that you're carrying around in your head. It's my property. You can pay me to keep it or pay me more to make it go away. As long as you don't distribute it without another fee.

Wait... does that make me ransomware? Cause that would be... actually, not terribly off base.


No comments:

Post a Comment