Friday, September 14, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #707

Day 707

It's a sign I've noticed a few times. And every time, something tickles the back of my brain about a joke being there or some funny mental image, yet I can never quite put it together.

I did last night.

When coming into the city on the parkway from the East area, right before the Oakland exit is a sign for Adopt-A-Highway or some such thing about keeping the litter down on the side of the freeway.

And who adopted that portion of highway to keep clean and beautiful?

Blush strip club. The one in Downtown Pittsburgh (they better appreciate my free advertising here. Next time, I'm demanding payment for my advertising)

I figured out what my mental image was too.

Strippers out on the side of the road cleaning up garbage. And as the day progresses, they end up hotter sweatier, and needing to take off more clothes. And then, just as the highway is almost clean of litter, people start littering again... but this time just throwing dollar bills out the window at the girls as they drive down the road.

And the girls can't decide between getting pissed off that they have to go pick up more paper from the side of the road and happy that they're getting tipped.

That was the joke/funny mental image that was tickling the back of my brain for the past month or 2 since I first noticed it, and not really giving it much thought beyond the next 10 seconds until I got off at the next ramp anyway until I saw it again a few weeks later again. I've seen it like 3 or 4 times now and for some reason, it took me until last night to figure out the progression of mental images and why it was funny.

So there's your mental image for the day... stripper litter picker-upers that take off clothes as they day goes by only to cause more litter in the form of singles coming out the windows of passing cars.

Enjoy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment