Monday, September 24, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #713

Day 713

So... I've been wondering this forever and never think to ask it.

Why do homeless people in the North, stay in the North? Why not take the first $100 or whatever it is that they can scrounge up and catch a bus to the Carolinas? Or Georgia? Or somewhere where it's not fucking cold.

I've always wondered that. It seems like the highest priority for a homeless person would be to eat and the second highest would be to find themselves the best possible environment. With no or limited shelter options, your environment becomes a big concern for self-preservation. So the idea of avoiding the likelihood of freezing to death would be a pretty high priority for me.

So why do people stick in the North when they could go to the mid-South and avoid the super-hot of the far south but also avoid the 2-degree days in February in Pittsburgh at the same time?

This is why I automatically assume that "homeless people" in the North are just grifters and panhandlers that make a living off the pocket change of thousands of people a day. And they go back to their, maybe shitty but still not squatter-quarters, apartments or houses at the end of the day. I don't believe they're ever actually homeless.

Except that dude with the beard that's always wearing 3 pairs of pants or more and a winter coat and a bunch of other clothes and is always going into Ryan's Pub and getting a pitcher of beer. That dude has never changed clothes. Ever. For 2 years now, he's been wearing the exact same clothes everytime I see him. I'll buy it that that dude is homeless. Everyone else though? Fuck it... they're not homeless, they just want my change.

I did that in highschool too. I'd scream for change in the most ridiculously obnoxious voice possible and when I got enough money so I could buy whatever I wanted out of the vending machines, I'd shut up.

So I can totally spot a fake homeless person as a result.

But you know the ones that I really do feel bad for? The ones with dogs. I don't know why, but that really digs at me everytime. Even if they're frauds, I'll always throw them some money for having a dog. Because I want to make sure their dog gets some food that night. Yeah... shocking... I'm a sucker for dogs. I know, right?

I do have to ask though... how are there homeless women who are even moderately attractive? Unless you've got a massive drug problem or mental problem, if you're in  your 20's or 30's and even slightly attractive and in posession of all of your teeth, you do realize that you've got a walking pink ATM in your pants, right?

Just saying...

Fuck... I just managed to depress myself this morning. Now I just want to go home and hug my dogs. Fuck Fuck Fuck FUCK!

I'm gonna go try to NOT now think about this anymore or let my mind drift to the Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials now either. Which is going to fail. And then I'm going to want to go adopt all the dogs and FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now. I just ruined my OWN fucking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment