Friday, November 16, 2012

RTOTD #751.1

Day 751.1

Dear Readers,

So I've made a decision about the future of this blog/column/whatever.

Beginning next week, every day will be getting it's own title. However, the numbering will not end. The new title format will be as follows:

"Title" - RTOTD #XXX

So... there you go. I'm already kinda doing that with the twitter and facebook linking. This may help you (and me) when searching for some discussion that was going on a week or a few days, or a few months or even years ago, at least going forward.

And if I'm REALLY feeling masochistic, I'll go back and re-title all the old blogs as well. It might help me figure out when I wrote this thing or that thing that I might want to refer to going forward.

I never really titled them in the beginning because it was just not really about anything. It's still not really about anything, but they've gotten longer and longer. Now, it's a few hundred or thousand words. I also never expected to want or need to go find something, nor did I ever expect to write this for 750-odd days. I never foresaw teetering precariously close to 1000 writings, just on FetLife. And I never expected to acutally care if anyone kept talking about something I would say for days and days or even weeks after I wrote them. It was "write it and forget it". Like a tomahawk missle.

But things change. And with those changes where people might want to keep talking about something for days or weeks or months, or I might want to reference something, or maybe I just want to give non-regular readers a damn clue what they're about to read, I think it's time the naming scheme changes to fit these changes.

So starting Monday, we'll see a new naming scheme. Thanks for the feedback. I've been contemplating it for a while, but yeah... I think this is the way to go.

I hate you all,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment