Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This Is Only A Test - RTOTD #802

Day 802

Over the past week, I've got 90% done with a major revision to Hold My Beer & Watch This. There's no new material really, just some serious editing done on it. And to be honest, the first time around... I liked the product. I just didn't love it. This time around...  fucking LOVE the book that it's turning out to be. Seriously... if you didn't but it yet... no joke... WAIT. Just wait. Don't buy the eBook. Don't buy the kindle. Don't buy the print (especially don't buy the print book). Just wait. I did some cool shit with it this time and to be honest? I think it's quite possibly something that I'm going to look at shopping to publishers now. The editing worked wonders for the way it flows.

The first edition is like the RTOTD edition of the book. I sat down, banged it out, did some minor revisions and then threw it out into the wilderness to see if it would survive. It did. To a degree.

But this version is much more of a finished product. It might lose a little bit of that punk rock writing vibe of "fuck editing, fuck publishing, read this shit!" that the first edition had, but it gains a lot too. I made it more visual. If you can really make something that you're reading with your eyes visual. But I guess that means no James Earl Jones to do the audiobook unless it's going to include a music producer dropping in samples from time to time.

To give you an example:

So I guess there's just new presentation and a little more exposition but not really new material.

But I'm mostly writing this just to test out the way BDSMfriendBook's blog integration works and if it'll update there as I update here.

If so... it might mean that the mirroring to Fet is not long for this world. But we'll see.

We'll see.

And in case you haven't heard yet... the next book has a title:

Booze, Bondage and Bad Decisions

Because apparently I like alliteration.

No comments:

Post a Comment