Friday, October 18, 2013

Pocket Change - RTOTD #856

Day 856

We at one time had a 2 cent coin,
because 2 pennies was too much work.
You know what the world needs? A 97 cent coin. Because I can't count how many times I've needed 97 cents and have to use a dollar for it. What happens? I end up with 3 pennies that end up in my cup holder and then eventually, after the next 3 dozen times I need 97 cents and end up with 3 pennies back, I've filled my cup holder. And I like being able to put my cup/bottle in the cup holder.

So we need a 97 cent coin.

It's like the $2 bill. I still want a $3 bill because it would make more sense anymore based on the change I always get when I buy things with cash.

And on an unrelated note, I discovered today that the US still occasionally prints the $2 bill. Last time was in 2003 but they're still being printed. Weird. I always think of them as a product of a long-gone time.

No comments:

Post a Comment