Wednesday, November 6, 2013

DING - RTOTD #862


Day 862

I had a fucked up experience last night.

So many of you have been to my house. You all notice the stuff that makes you stop and look at it like a dog does when you're trying to explain particle physics. Or like well... most people when you're trying to explain particle physics. The doorbell in the bathroom. The weird nooks and crannies in all the built-ins. The laundry chute or the dark room. The hidden room or anything else.

So when I say it was a strange experience... it really was.

I had already gone to bed before ArtemisFallen or the girl got home last night, but hadn't yet fallen asleep. I was watching something on Netflix mindlessly and hoping to pass out when Regs heard her mom get home. And well, she wanted out of my bedroom because her mom was home. Because MOM WAS HOME!

She was excited.

So I let her out and went downstairs to get a glass of water before going back to bed when, just as I was about to open my bedroom door, I heard the strangest thing. A doorbell. But a doorbell that wasn't MY doorbell. I had to be hearing things because why the fuck was a doorbell that isn't my doorbell ringing in my house. That just doesn't work like that.

I took the few steps back down and caught ArtemisFallen also looking around with the same expression of confusion on her face that I had.

Me: "Did you just hear..."

ArtemisFallen: ".. A doorbell?"

Me: "that wasn't our doorbell"

ArtemisFallen: "I know. What the fuck was that?"

Me: "I have no idea. What the shit was that?"

She was already down the stairs checking the front door before I even got the rest of the way down from my bedroom. She checked the front. I went to the back. It was pitch black. I checked the lock and then flipped on the back porch light. I glanced around and saw nothing. She was checking the side porch as well, although we don't even have a doorbell over there. But hey? We have a doorbell in the bathroom that doesn't do anything. Maybe we have a bell that rings without a doorbell? Makes about as much sense.

I thought for a moment and remembered the doorbell in the garage. But the garage door was closed. I even checked with ArtemisFallen since she had just gotten in and parked in the car port next to it. The door had been down.

I checked the garage bell and, pressing it, it did nothing as well. Though I might have maybe picked up an empty wine bottle to smash someone in the head if there was someone in my garage before I went down to check the bell there. But only maybe. I won't admit to anything.

And that was it. There was nobody at any of the doors. The sound didn't match any of the doorbells that we do have. And the other 2 doorbells don't work in the bathroom and garage.

So seriously... what the fuck? We've joked that the doorbell in the bathroom probably rings a bell in someone else's house. Maybe other people have doorbells that ring in mine? Because random dinging noises in my house are fucking bullshit, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment