Friday, March 21, 2014

The Opposite Of Anger - RTOTD #879

Day 879

I've realized something recently that (I guess) I've always kinda known, but not really acknowledged before now: I've been an angry motherfucker for most of my life. I rant. I berate. And in the process, I can be kinda funny sometimes (if you don't have a stick up your ass).

But the thing is, I'm not nearly as angry anymore. I don't know if it's because I'm not as depressed as I've been in the past. Or if it's because I'm not single since I've spent so much time in my life generally single. Or if it's because I'm just getting older and mellowing the fuck out. Or if it's just that I've become so cynical that it's morphed into apathy that I can't even muster up the energy to scream about anymore.

So I guess what I'm saying here is that I'm kinda happy anymore. I'm getting to that age where the stupid shit that I used to scream about doesn't even phase me anymore and I just don't even really care about all the silly shit out there that I used to.

I don't give a fuck about community politics anymore because I've realized that everyone is a fucking moron and that won't change even if the idiots in charge today get replaced tomorrow.  They'd just be replaced by other idiots with ego-boosting agendas to compensate for their... fucking whatever.

I don't care about making friends with new people or finding new play partners because I've got the few friends that I really care to spend time with and I've got a great girl that I'm happy with, even when she drives me up the fucking wall.

I don't care about whatever bullshit "causes" that everyone seems to get up in arms about and I don't care about some stupid god damned airplane that crashed on the other side of the planet. In fact, I don't even turn on the news anymore because I could tell you everything that happened without watching it. You just have to substitute the date and location and I guarantee that it's yesterdays paper all over again.

The downside to all of this is that it's killed this blog. Yelling about shit and making fun of idiots has been the whole point of this thing since the beginning. And being happy pretty much murdered the source of my content. And I'm sure as shit not going to fake outrage.

With that said, I have no idea what the future holds for this formerly-daily insight into what's pissing me off on any given morning. I also don't know what the future holds for writing the 2nd book either. I'm considering just cancelling it at this point because I don't think I even really care enough to dig back into it since I hat virtually everything that I've written this point. And I can't fake that either.

They say that comedy often stems from depression and maybe that's the case with this. Because while I'm still occasionally stressed about shit, I'm no longer depressed about anything. I'm no longer angry and I'm no longer in a place where I give 2 tugs of a dead dog's cock about what anyone else is doing. Hell, I don't even care if anyone reads this. I just felt compelled to write it. And since I rarely feel compelled to write much of anything anymore, I also decided that it should get posted.

I don't know how to end this blog so I'm just going to stop writing words now.

No comments:

Post a Comment