Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Thought Of The Day #14


Day 14
In searching for inspiration for my random thought, I stumbled upon an odd revelation about Facebook. Now, all of you people that don't use it or use it every single day, multiple times per day, feel free to tune out for now, I'll get back to you people later. All of you that, like me, have a facebook account that you petty much just check when you're bored, read along.
Now, this revelation is simple. About 80% of the "friends" that you have are people tha you probably haven't seen or really spoken to in years or closer to a decade. Now, as you're really only passing acquaintences anymore at best, or more likely "some dude/chick I used to know", why in the blue Christ do these people decide that apparently you need to be challenged to some stupid/inane quiz, told about some movie that you've probably seen the trailer for 700 times already, or sent a request to join a group that you could give a fuck less about? What posesses people to bother people that they only added to their friends list out of morbid curiosity or to feel good about their own lives in comparison to someone they haven't seen in years and challenge them to a quiz that they'll, virtually guaranteed, never even think about again?
Is there a button that let's me kill the person that sends me these requests? Or is that yet another invention that I must work on in additon to my telephone that let's me punch the person on the other end andthe remote control that detonates the person on tv?
Now, as I said I'd get back to the rest of you.... I lied. Go fuck yourself. I really just wanted to waste as much of your time as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment