Thursday, June 23, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #424

 Day 424

Yeah, I really got nothing today at all. So here's another list of crap that there's probably a joke and/or rant about that I don't feel like figuring out:

1. Congrats to Disco Dan B for winning the Jack Adams Trophy for the Best Coach last night at the NHL awards. It was well deserved.

Disco Dan thinks he's an airplane

Doom Does Not Approve

2. Oh, and congrats to the one lone citizen of Romania with an internet connection. Thanks for using your singluar permitted site view to read my bullshit.

Wait... what? People outside of North America have the internet? No, I don't believe your lies.

There should probably be some more text to fill in this big fucking gap but nope... big gap it is.



Politicians would be cooler if they  just played funk music

3. La La La La La La La *sticks fingers in ears* I don't care about your stupid troop withdrawl. As soon as these guys get home, you'll just send another 10,000 over to replace them and say "well, I brought those 10,000 home!" like the guy before you did and like every other politician does. I stopped believing anything any of you idiots say. Just go away. Please. You have a really nice (if bland) office... stay in it.





4. The Real Housewives Of some-place-that-apparently-has-nothing-better-to-offer-the-entertainment-world-but-them presented the Lady Byng trophy last night at the NHL awards. Not only did the did the guy listing the candidates specifically emphasize how to pronounce Martin St. Louis' name, but the audience even loudly, in unison, sounded it out so that the presenters could actually get it right (cause everyone and their mother knew he was gonna win it)... yeah... these bubbled-headed  walking-plastic-surgery-factories still managed to pronounce it like the fucking city in Missouri.


St. Louis - Hocky Player                                                                                                St. Louis - City
Not The Same


5. Speaking of missouri... I'm still trying to figure out why the fuck Kansas City is mostly in Missouri and not Kansas... really? couldn't move the state borders a little bit and pick a fucking state?? Or maybe just change the damn name to NOT be named after a state that you're only like 1/3 inside of? I mean, the fucking state lines run right thru like the middle of the downtown. How fucked up is that?

"Oh yeah, I live in Kansas City."
"in Kansas?"
"no, missouri"
"wtf?"


I need better material today

6. Speaking of things that aren't the same...  I know this isn't exactly a groundbreaking or completely original gripe, but really... Is it really that motherfucking hard for people to know the difference between "their", "they're" and "there"? What about "advice" and "advise"? "Accept" & "except"? "Too", "Two" and "to"? Come on people... we all passed fucking 4th grade English. You should have figured this shit out by now. I know I'm probably playing Grammar Nazi with this... but still.... WORDS HAVE MEANINGS! USE THEM PROPERLY!

I know... next thing you know, I'm gonna be bitching about airplane food or some trite thing that has been beaten to death by every comedian alive.


7. I promise... I'm doing a RTOTD - Mad Libs Style Edition either tomorrow or next week. I tried to do it today and yesterday and realize "oh shit, there's really no formula to this thing and I'd actually have to write one and then take out a bunch of random Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives from different places. And I can't come up with fucking anything to yell about right now that is longer than a paragraph." and kinda figured I'd get to it eventually.

8. Are you sick of lists yet? Want me to just yell about something ridiculous? yeah, so do I.

Who the fuck stops a list at 8? Really? 3? sure. 5? ok. 10? You're stealing from Letterman, asshole, but ok.

Nope, fuck it... 8 things on the list today.



No comments:

Post a Comment