Monday, July 11, 2011

Random Thought Of The Day #435 - Not Mad Libs Edition

Day 435

Yeah. I know... I promised you all this on Saturday but... well... I just couldn't engage my brain enough to come up with anything. And try as I might today, I just couldn't come up with anything that would be good Mad Libs material...

I wish I could find better inspiration. For the past week or so, I just can't seem to find it. Nothing is speaking to me. Nothing is really pissing me off or making me laugh enough to get a good RTOTD out of it. Maybe it's because I'm not involving myself in the community stuff anymor and therefore am a little disconnected, maybe it's because I've been so focused on this whole house things that I can't really think about much else, but maybe it's just that nothing cool or funny or irritating is actually happening anymore.

And I'm not sure what is worse. Boredom or disconnection.


What are YOU connected to?

Boredom is easy to correct. But disconnection isn't. Especially when I don't really have anything I feel compelled to be connected to right now.

I mean, I was never terribly connected in the first place. People always assumed I was (people assume that about me in a lot of aspects of my life), but most of the time, I just find shit out 3rd hand weeks after things happened or announcements were made. Granted, that's probably because if it didn't affect me, I generally ignore it... but still.. I was, at the very least, interested in things going on. Now? Not really at all.

Have I outgrown the kink community? To an extent, I believe that yes, I have. I don't mean that in the "I'm better than everyone else" kinda way (though I clearly am)... I just mean in the "I just don't care what happens to it" way. Sort of like that town you used to live in and enjoyed but moved out of a while back and now it's going downhill and the crime rate is slowly going up. You think "that's sad" but beyond that? You really don't care. You've moved on. That's kind of how I'm at with the community. The community, as it stands today, is far from irreplaceable. There will ALWAYS be something out there for kinky bastards to be a part of.  


I might not be involved in anything, but I still have my
Rope Pride
That's not a shot at thost that like it... that's just the point that I'm at with it. It's something I needed for a while... then enjoyed for a while longer... and then kinda slowly lost interest in, saw the ugly side of, where it looked like things were going and said "yeah, my lack of interest and what I'm seeing going on... I'm kinda out of this" and never really looked back.

And I'm still not looking back. I occasionally talk about the community or kink, but I also occasionally talk about a lot of shit that I have absolutely no vested interest in.

I have to thank the community for one thing, however. And that's introducing me to a lot of my closest friends. I know there was a thread a while back about meeting people in the community. And as I said there, I've met a good number of people that I consider close friends, I've met neighbors that I never would have otherwise known. I've met room mates I've met a few partners. And last but not least, learned a lot that I never would have learned without getting the fuck out of my house and getting involved. But it was a stepping stone for me. Nothing more.

But I did that on my own. The only thing the community was useful for with that was providing an opportunity. Remember that. That's all it is. It's a venue. And while venues are important, they're replaceable.

But what is the next step beyond that? I write, occasionally about kink. Sometimes, rarely, I play. I teach myself a lot of the next-step type things in play that I grabbed some basic knowledge on while I was involved. I organize a small exclusive group (only because I created the @ElitistFucks twitter page), but that's mainly oriented around drinking. But beyond that however... I'm still trying to figure out what the next step is. 

I think I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and I'm sure I'll figure it out...

Maybe I could figure it out a little easier if I took the time to dedicate this thing here a little more towards kink. I mean kink philosophy, what I'm teaching myself and picking up from others and maybe even take a day every week to explore a fetish and what I find appealing about it.

But in the meantime... I'll keep making your day better with some Deadpool and ranting about nothing.

You already got your ranting about nothing. So here's your Deadpool...

Deadpool gets confused sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment