Friday, February 24, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #574

Day 574

Dear internauts,

I have absolutely nothing interesting to write about today. I have nothing to yell about. I have nobody that I think is any more of an idiot or crazy person that I did yesterday. Not even news seems worth writing about.

So I'm going to do something entirely different.

I'm going to talk about my favorite toys as a kid. And why.

I was a huge fan of Legos. I mean... really... who doesn't love legos? They were fucking awesome. Unless you accidentally stuck 2 of the super-thin 1-strip kinds directly on top of each other. And then it was a nightmare to get them apart. You know which ones I'm talking about. They're 1/3 the thickness of a regular lego block. But when you stick 2 of the exact same types on top of each other, you need the fucking jaws of life to rip those bastards apart.

But otherwise? You could build fucking ANYTHING. It was awesome!

But see... when I was a kid, they didn't have nearly the cool lego men that they do have today. Fuck, back then... they were all yellow heads on white t-shirt bodys with black or blue or red pants. Those were your choices. Now you can get a god damn lego man that looks like Boba Fett. They were kinda racist with them back in the 80's. Legos were round-eyed asians.

Asians are "yellow" right? Cause I'm white, some of you are black, indians are red, pretty much everyone from central america, south america or the middle east are brown. So that must mean that Lego men were all round-eyed asians, right? When they came out with the pirate ones with the eye patch and stubble? Coolest lego man ever!

Now we just need a Deadpool Lego man!

But you could build anything with legos. It was awesome. I miss playing with legos. I should totally use the ugly room for legos. Just sit on the floor for hours and play with legos like when I was 8.

I totally should have tried to get a gig with Legos after school. Exactly what degree would you need for that? I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure "lego engineering" is not an actual degree.

So what about you? Favorite toy as a kid and why?

Come on, kids... make with the feedback. Cause you all never fucking reply when I ask questions here.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Dawn dolls ... they were miniature barbie dolls ... I loved how tiny they were and they were super cheap in the 70's ... Less than a buck.
    http://collectdolls.about.com/library/weekly/aa091501aa.htm

    Oh ... and definitely my Charlies Angels trading cards.
    http://www.trading-cards.org/Cards-C/Charlies-Angels.php
    -Unwonted

    ReplyDelete