Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Random Thought Of The Day #729

Day 729

Since I seem to be getting a lot of messages from people that are new readers recently, I figured it was time to explain what this column/blog/writing-series is all about. Long time readers? Feel free to ignore this, or "love" it for the new readers that aren't on my friends list and have just been coming across it in K&P. Or tell me to fuck off or something. Whatever.

For the newbies out there... here's the best way to describe it.

This is a mostly-daily (weekdays with the occasional weekend post) blog about nothing. It really depends on the day and what I have to say that day. I write whatever comes to mind. Sometimes it's 10 words about nothing and sometimes it's 2000 words about all different things.

I will more than likely offend you. Because if you're not offending someone or everyone, you ain't funny.

I am going to be releasing a book around the end of the month. The title is Hold My Beer & Watch This. I will be promoting it here as well as on Fet.

I generally will try to avoid politics and rarely will I be partisan. Because I generally hate either option in any election and I make fun of idiots, poseurs, hacks, the self-righteous, the overly-sensitive, or pretty much anyone else that holds something so dear that they can't even laugh about it.

While everyone ELSE that parlays a successful (or even minorly successful) blog into a book and entirely neglects their actual blog in the process, I don't have that luxury. While I'm sure that many of you would die from withdrawal, I don't know if anyone would give a damn if I wasn't inundating you with my inane ramblings on a daily basis, and I'd probably be entirely forgotten within a few weeks. Well, being forgotten isn't going to really help me actually SELL any of the books, so I'm not going to do that.

But this column serves another purpose. It often lets me gauge what you all really LIKE reading about. Sometimes it's as schizophrenic as most of the girls I've stuck my dick in, but it's a decent barometer. It also lets me tell some of the stories that will end up as some of the supporting stories in this book, and potentially in any additional books I write. It's like a free preview.

This is also my daily outlet. I need this place. I could never entirely abandon it. I might take a week off when I go on vacation or I'm just really burnt out. There's the days that I'm just so swamped that I don't have the time or that I just don't have anything interesting to say, but I can't give it up.

Long story short... this is where I write what I want to write, and sometimes it might be what you want to talk about or read as well. But there's a little something for everyone. Except people with no sense of humor. But fuck thost people. Fuck em if they can't take a joke.

So there you go. That's what this is. Enjoy it. I'm actually looking forward to only needing to make sure that I knock THIS thing out and not this AND 3,000-5,000 words in a book every day.

I will offer you one parting suggestion:
RUN! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY RIGHT NOW. Before you get sucked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment